Mobile App Development Overview
OCC, working closely with the VA Office of Information and Technology (OIT), has created the Mobile Applications Platform (MAP). Learn more about MAP and the VA app development process.
- Mobile App Development Overview
- About CI/CD
- About the MAP Workflow
- Concepts and Principles
- Navigating the Developer Portal
Development Stages Home
Learn if a non-VA app is appropriate to include on the app store and how to request that it be added.
- Local Mobile App Development
- The MAP Sandbox Environment
- The MAP Staging Environment
- VA App Verification and Validation
- The Mobile Application Platform (MAP) Production Environment
VA Mobile App Compliance Requirements
VA apps undergo rigorous review and testing, including by independent compliance organizations. The following sections describe each of the compliance organizations and their app requirements.
- Human Factors Engineering
- Code Review
- Data Security
- Patient Safety
- Privacy and Application Data Security
- Section 508 Compliance
- VA Mobile Branding Requirements and Resources
- Web App Security
VA Mobile App Intake
Before you can publish your app to any of the OCC App Publishing Options, you must obtain approval for your app project by completing the VA Mobile App Intake request (VA Network access required). Learn about the app intake requirements and process.
The Veterans Administration (VA) Privacy Services office protects your private data when you interact with the VA online. There are general rules that apply to all VA online information and rules for web and mobile apps. These sections describe these rules as they apply to the VA Web and the Mobile apps listed on the VA App Store.