PTSD Family Coach is for family members of those living with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The app provides extensive information about PTSD, how to take care of yourself, how to take care of your relationship with your loved one or with children, and how to help your loved one get treatment.
Living with a family member who has PTSD can be incredibly stressful. PTSD Family Coach includes tools to help you manage this stress, including mindfulness exercises, tools to help you re-build your social networks, and tools to help with difficult thoughts and emotions. The app also provides a way for you to track your stress level over time, with specific feedback about your progress. Finally, PTSD Family Coach offers ways for you, and your loved one, to connect with support.
PTSD Family Coach was created by VA’s National Center for PTSD and DoD’s National Center for Telehealth & Technology.
- Information about PTSD and how it affects those who care about someone with PTSD
- Tips to help families better support a loved one with PTSD, and themselves
- Information on how to find counseling
- Facts about counseling for individuals or couples managing PTSD in a relationship
- Tools to help family members manage stress