NOTE: You must be on the VA network in order to launch the app through your internet browser.
If you are a member of a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) care team, the Patient Viewer, Version 4.4.3 mobile application (app) will allow you to find information quickly from patients’ Electronic Health Records (EHRs) from the convenience of a mobile device. The app will help you have a thorough understanding of a patient’s health and gain immediate access to EHR data – both in your VA facility and on the go.
This app is designed for use with VA Mobile tablets. If you have not used your device lately and need help with it or would like to request a device for testing, please contact the Office of Connected Care Help Desk 24/7 by calling 866-651-3180.
Please Note: Patient Viewer is a web app that can be bookmarked on your mobile device. Read the instructions here.
- Access data from a patient’s EHR such as:
- Contact Information (Cover Sheet)
- Vital Signs
- Progress Notes
- Documents and Reports
- Consults (both by Staff and by Patient)
- Lab Results
- Radiology Reports
- Graph data from your patients’ records, such as vital signs and lab results
- View selected Veteran’s Self-Entered Data (SED)
- Schedule and start video visits with your patients
- View Orders
- Request photo/video follow ups
VA providers and other VA staff can use this toolkit to raise awareness about and promote the use of the Patient Viewer app. Outreach materials for other apps can be found in the Connected Care Promotional Toolkit Directory.
VA network access is required to view the Promotional Toolkit Directory.