Beyond MST is a free, secure, trauma-sensitive mobile app that was created specifically to support the health and well-being of survivors of sexual assault or harassment during military service, also called military sexual trauma (MST). The app has over 30 specialized tools and other features to help those who use it cope with challenges, manage symptoms, improve their quality of life and find hope. Users can also take brief assessments in the app, set self-care goals, track recovery progress, and learn more about MST and common concerns. You can use the app on your own or as a companion to formal treatment, and it may be helpful to survivors of other types of unwanted sexual experiences, too. The app keeps your information private; no account is needed, and any personal information entered in the app is not shared with anyone, including the VA. You can set a PIN lock for extra privacy. You are not alone: the Beyond MST app can help.
Beyond MST was made by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Mobile Mental Health team at the National Center for PTSD, Dissemination and Training Division in collaboration with the National Center for PTSD, Women’s Health Sciences Division and the national VA MST Support Team.
- Learn about common challenges related to MST and skills and resources that can help
- Use over 30 tools to help you cope with problems, reduce distress and improve your quality of life
- Take brief assessments to understand your symptoms and beliefs (how you think about the world)
- Track your progress toward recovery goals
- Find new sources of support and read inspiring messages from other sexual trauma survivors
For help with this app, contact the National Center for PTSD at: