Mindfulness means noticing and paying attention to what is going on in the present moment, without passing judgment on it. Mindfulness has been shown to be effective for reducing stress, improving emotional balance, increasing self-awareness, helping with anxiety and depression, and coping more effectively with chronic pain.
Mindfulness Coach was developed to help Veterans, Service members, and others learn how to practice mindfulness. The app provides a gradual, self-guided training program designed to help you understand and adopt a simple mindfulness practice. Mindfulness Coach also offers a library of information about mindfulness, 12 audio-guided mindfulness exercises, a growing catalog of additional exercises available for free download, goal-setting and tracking, a mindfulness mastery assessment to help you track your progress over time, customizable reminders, and access to other support and crisis resources.
Mindfulness Coach was created by VA’s National Center for PTSD.
- Education about the benefits of mindfulness
- Mindfulness exercises to practice on your own or with guidance
- Strategies to help overcome challenges to mindfulness practice
- Log of mindfulness exercises to track your progress
- Reminders to support your mindfulness practice
For help with this app, contact the National Center for PTSD at: