Available at select locations, VAR makes it possible for Veterans to self-schedule primary care appointments and request assistance in booking both primary care and mental health appointments at the VA facilities where they receive care. In addition to scheduling appointments, Veterans can use VAR to track appointment details and the status of requests, send messages about requested appointments, receive notifications and cancel appointments.
- Self-schedule primary care appointments
- Request dates and times for primary care and mental health appointments
- See details for all pending, confirmed and upcoming appointments (both those requested through the app or through a VA scheduler), including date, time, clinic, care team and reason for visit
- Send up to two messages to a VA scheduler about requested and booked appointments
- Get email notifications about appointment updates
- Cancel an appointment if you are unable to make it to that appointment
Currently the Veteran Appointment Request (VAR) App is available to Veterans at select locations, as follows:
- Edith Nurse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital (Bedford, MA)
- Manchester VA Medical Center (Manchester, NH)
- Providence VA Medical Center (Providence, RI)
- VA Boston Healthcare System (Boston, MA (Jamaica Plain), West Roxbury, MA, and Brockton, MA)
- VA Central Western Massachusetts Healthcare System (Leeds, MA)
- VA Connecticut Healthcare System (West Haven, CT and Newington, CT)
- VA Maine Healthcare System (Augusta, ME)
- White River Junction VA Medical Center (Hartford, VT)
- James J. Peters VA Medical Center (Bronx, NY)
- Northport VA Medical Center (Northport, NY)
- VA New Jersey Health Care System (East Orange NJ, and Lyons, NJ)
- Coatesville VA Medical Center (Coatesville, PA)
- Erie VA Medical Center (Erie, PA)
- James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center (Altoona, PA)
- Philadelphia VA Medical Center (Philadelphia, PA)
- VA Butler Healthcare (Butler, PA)
- VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Wilmington VA Medical Center (Wilmington, DE)
- Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- Beckley VA Medical Center (Beckley, WV)
- Baltimore VA Medical Center (Baltimore, MD)
- Huntington VA Medical Center (Huntington, WV)
- Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center (Clarksburg, WV)
- Martinsburg VA Medical Center (Martinsburg, WV)
- Perry Point VA Medical Center (Perry Point, MD)
- Washington DC VA Medical Center (Washington, DC)
- Hampton VA Medical Center (Hampton, VA)
- Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center (Richmond, VA)
- Salem VA Medical Center (Salem, VA)
- W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center (Salisbury, NC)
- Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System (Little Rock, AR and North Little Rock, AR)
- Fayetteville VA Medical Center (Fayetteville, NC)
- G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center (Jackson, MS)
- Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center (Houston, TX)
- Overton Brooks VA Medical Center (Shreveport, LA)
- VA Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System (Biloxi, MS)
- VA Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System (New Orleans, LA)
- VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System (Harlingen, TX)
- Cheyenne VA Medical Center (Cheyenne, WY)
- Grand Junction VA Medical Center (Grand Junction, CO)
- Jack C. Montgomery VA Medical Center (Muskogee, OK)
- Sheridan VA Medical Center (Sheridan, WY)
- VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System (Denver, CO)
- VA Montana Health Care System (Fort Harrison, MT)
- Alaska VA Healthcare System (Anchorage, AK)
- Boise VA Medical Center (Boise, ID)
- Jonathan M. Wainwright Memorial VA Medical Center (Walla Walla, WA)
- Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center (Spokane, WA)
- VA Puget Sound Health Care System (Seattle, WA and Lakewood, WA)
- Roseburg VA Medical Center (Roseburg, OR)
- VA Portland Health Care System (Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA)
- VA Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center (White City, OR)
- San Francisco VA Medical Center (San Francisco, CA)
- VA Central California Health Care System (Fresno, CA)
- VA Northern California Health Care System (Mather, CA and Martinez, CA)
- VA Pacific Islands Health Care System (Honolulu, HI)
- VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System (Reno, NV)
- VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (North Las Vegas, NV)
- Northern Arizona VA Health Care System (Prescott, AZ)
- Phoenix VA Health Care System (Phoenix, AZ)
- VA Greater Los Angeles Health Care System (Los Angeles, CA)
- VA Loma Linda Healthcare System (Loma Linda, CA and Redlands, CA)
- VA Long Beach Healthcare System (Long Beach, CA)
- VA San Diego Healthcare System (San Diego, CA)
VA is continuing to expand VAR’s functionality to include additional clinics across the country, so please check back later for additional updates.
- Be enrolled in VA health care and been seen for care at a VA Medical Center (VAMC) or Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC). If you would like to learn more about the enrollment process, visit va.gov/healthbenefits/apply or call 1-877-222-VETS. To find a facility near you, visit VA’s Facility Locator: http://www.va.gov/directory/guide/home.asp.
- Have a DS Logon Level 2 (Premium) Account. The VAR App can access your VA EHR and therefore, for your security, requires a DS Logon Level 2 (Premium) Account. If you do not have a DS Logon Level 2 (Premium) Account, or you are not sure, visit mobile.va.gov/dslogon for more information.
- VA App Store: https://mobile.va.gov/app/veteran-appointment-request
- VA Launchpad: https://veteran.mobilehealth.va.gov/launchpad/
- Direct Link: https://veteran.mobilehealth.va.gov/veteran-appointment-requests
- Internet Explorer 10 and higher
- Safari 8 and higher
- Firefox 24 and higher
- Google Chrome 47 and higher
You can elect to receive email updates notifying you of changes/updates for your appointment requests when creating the request. When you request or schedule an appointment, you will see an option for email preferences at the bottom of your screen before you submit your request or confirm your appointment. To request email updates, tap Yes under “Send me updates on my appointments and requests,” and then enter your email into the text box.
Appointments/Requests – list of appointments and requests, which allow you to track statuses easily or tap on each appointment/request for more details.
- Appointments – Upcoming, confirmed appointments that you have booked through the app, or that a VA scheduler has booked for you. NOTE: This includes all appointments, not just those scheduled through the app.
- Requests – Pending requests for primary or mental health appointments that you have requested through the app, but that have not yet been booked by a VA scheduler.
User Menu (three-line icon with a silhouette) – a slide-out menu in the upper right corner of your screen that allows you to access About, Feedback, Launchpad and Logout.
You will need a DS Logon Level 2 (Premium) Account to use the Veteran Appointment Request App. The VAR App can access your VA Electronic Health Record (EHR) and therefore, for your security, requires a DS Logon Level 2 (Premium) Account.
If you do not have a DS Logon Level 2 (Premium) Account or are not sure, visit http://mobile.va.gov/dslogon or dial 1-800-983-0937 for assistance.
Additional information about DS Logon can be found on the My Access Center site, which is provided by the DoD:
You should never use this app in an emergency. If you encounter an emergency, call your local medical center or dial 911. If you are in crisis, call 1-800-273-8255, and Press 1 or chat online to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
If you need assistance with the VAR App, contact the app training point of contact at your local VA Medical Center or dial 1-877-470-5947 to speak with a VA representative. The Help Desk is open weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT. For TTY assistance, dial 711.
If you have questions about your DS Logon account, visit mobile.va.gov/dslogon or dial 1-800-983-0937 for assistance.